News / Gigs
Dino Dominelli is the essence of Canadian music, infusing his music with diverse genres and cultural influences. Educated at Humber College, Dominelli expanded his mastery through collaboration with renouned Canadian icons, ranging from Alfie Zappacosta to Don Thompson.
Performing throughout Asia and America, Dominelli experienced the collective human condition through diverse cultures, and this perception saturates his artistic voice. The breadth and diversity of his music expression made him a staple of the jazz scene throughout Canada.
His range of talent is evident in the release of his debut CD, "Faith in You". As executive producer, Dino Dominelli gathered together eighteen internationally renouned musicians to create his musical memoir. Canadian vocalist Johanna Sillanpaa, originally from Sweden, lends her voice to two arrangements. Legendary guitarists Roberto Zayas, originally from Argentina, and Jack Semple contribute their considerable skills. Semple also provides vocals for the Ray Charles tribute, "Roll With My Baby". However, beyond the extraordinary artistic participation, the most notable aspect of "Faith in You" lies in Dominelli's unique compositions and arrangements.
Dino Dominelli smoothly filters pop, blues, gospel and Brazilian genres through a jazz perspective. Rather than creating conflict, his skills have provided complex and original sound. Choosing to cover several modern classics, his arrangements remain loyal to the original artistic flavor, and yet, provide a fresh voice for the familiar. Revealing his versatility, Dominelli's three original compositions enhance the orignality of the album while remaining honest to the cohesive essence of the collection.
"Faith in You" is the sound of cool passions, speaking to an audience beyond the traditional Jazz enthusiast. However, with this album, Dino Dominelli establishes himself as an essential sound within Canadian Jazz culture.
- August 24th - 26th, 2012 Giovanni Coboto Festival with Maria Manna and Alfie Zappacosta
- August 3rd - 5th, 2012 British Invasion at British Council Pavilion
- August 2nd, 2012 Lit Italian Wine Bar with Charlie Austin 8pm
- July 28th, 2012 Taste of Edmonton with Sandro Dominelli Trio 11am
- September 03, 2011 - The Temptation & The Four Tops Featuring Bobby Taylor - American Chamber of Commerce Macau, China
- December 19, 20, 2011 - Peel Fresco Jam
- January 19 - 25, 2012 - Nola's Edmonton
- January 24th, 2012 - Edmonton Yardbirdsuite
- March 28, 29, 30, 2012 - Nola's Edmonton
- May 22, 2012 - The Charlie Austin Quartet at the Edmonton